Here is what it really needs: Whole, nutrient dense food and water :) Good, highest quality protein sources, healthy fats, and low glycemic carbohydrates. That is it in a nutshell!
Simple right! So why does it feel so hard? This is the question I asked myself, and often get asked by my clients who feel overwhelmed and frustrated, but are totally ready to get off the dieting roller coaster and get their life back.
My answer is that it feels so hard because we are in "GO Mode" all the time. Our schedules are over-booked, we are living life so fast and at a higher rate of speed, often times giving so much to others that we don't slow down and make our health a priority. Our energy is zapped by the end of the day, adrenals spent, and cravings take over. Sound familiar? Don't worry you are not alone, it is where I was and why I am am so passionate about educating and supporting other busy women such as yourself!
So here are my TOP five tips to managing temptations and cravings:
- Make The Decision: Chances are you made the decision to lose weight when you were of clear mind, before the temptation struck. You made the decision to lose weight because you want to feel better, you want more energy, maybe your Doctor told you to, or you know deep inside that it is what is holding you back from having more confidence and really just want to stop feeling so insecure, maybe you have heard all the chronic health conditions that are linked to obesity and you want to do your part to avoid them. Whatever the reason is you made the decision before the craving and temptations came. It was an excellent decision, it was not based on a whim or emotion, you thought about it and you made the decision with a clear mind, because you know the benefits of doing so. Remember the reason you started.
- Drink More Water: Often times we are simply dehydrated, our body is made up of 70% water it needs water to function.
- Eat More Healthy Food: If you have given your body what it needs, enough whole food, nutrient dense goodness you won't have as many cravings, the cravings will simply disappear. A note on bio-individuality: We are each different, our DNA is completely different not alike to anyone else anywhere on this planet, our nutritional needs vary as well. The key is to finding out what YOUR body needs. If you want personal support in uncovering what that is please feel free to schedule a complimentary 20 minute weight release strategy session with me.
- Manage Stress: Often times cravings are simply a craving for more sweetness in our life, not necessarily sugar. We have stressful, busy lives, we are leaders in our business, in our career, in our communities and our plates are full. Ask yourself what you do to de-compress, do you make time for you? Do you schedule 20 minutes in your day to do absolutely nothing? Most of us don't and we feel the stress, the cravings bring us the numbing feeling of checking out ... just for a minute. Replace the craving with a healthier activity that truly supports your goals.
- Be Prepared: Keep healthy snacks on hand and available. I know when I get busy with work I don't like to stop, I am in the flow and want to run with the ideas that I have. My clients in management are going non-stop 8 to 10 hours a day, even more at times. The fact is we get busy and forget to eat, or skip a meal to get more done, then we get hungry, really hungry and need something fast. If you have raw nuts, or grass fed, nitrate free, organic beef jerky, hard boiled eggs, or an apple, cut up veggies already in your lunch box, it makes it that much easier to make a healthy choice.
If you enjoyed having a simple list that takes the guess work out for you, then I encourage you to think about joining our Fall Detox Group. You will know exactly what to eat, when to eat it, receive 60 busy woman approved recipes, shopping lists, group support and email support to help you slim down, gain energy and balance and brighten moods!
You nurture and care for the people in your life, join us and get the support you need in YOUR life.