In the book, "Think and Grow Rich" napoleon writes about the necessary steps to develop persistence, here they are:
1. A definite purpose backed by burning desire for its fulfillment.
2. A definite plan, expressed in continuous action.
3. A mind closed tightly against all negative and discouraging influences.
4. A friendly alliance with one or more persons who will encourage one to follow through with both plan and purpose.
Now what I'd like to address with you is how to use these four steps effectively when applying them to weight loss. I ask you to get out a journal, a sheet of paper and write your answers down. It isn't going to happen unless you write out your goals. A goal without a plan or true persistence is just a wish. I personally am not in the business or habit of wishing, I am in the habit of achieving. What about you, are you a wisher or a doer? I hope that when you lock arms with me you will become a doer and achieve what it is exactly you want to achieve. Let's start with achieving the desired size you wish to be:
Four Steps to Lose Weight for Good,
Even If You Have Tried Everything!
1. Decide WHY you want to lose weight, your pants are too tight isn't a definite purpose. Here are some examples: My pants are too tight and I don't want to have to buy a new wardrobe. I want to release the weight so I can fit into that little black dress and feel sexy and hot! I want to release the weight so I can feel confident, and secure and attract amazing relationships into my life. I want to release the weight so that I can keep up with my daily life that demands my top form. Now write down your definite purpose.
2. Have a plan. You must have a plan, know your body, how does it release weight? What has worked in the past? Having accountability, knowing what you will eat and when, these thins must be in place in order to succeed. When I released my 70 pounds I had a coach who I checked in with once a week, I knew exactly what I was eating and when, I left very little to chance. Think about it, how much easier would it be for you if you knew what to eat, when, had recipes that tasted good and had a coach and group to keep you on track!! Here's your chance join the 14 Day Shred and jumpstart your weight loss efforts!!
3. The mind is a powerful thing!! Keep your mind closed tightly against negative suggestions. Let me share a personal story here for a moment, my husband, bless his soul, is my biggest sabotage, he will get pizza and waft it into my face, he brings home junk food and so on. The thing is this isn't his goal for me to be my absolute best self, he loves me as I am. This is my goal, I wanted to release the insecurity, the lack of energy, the crappy way I was feeling. It was up to me to protect my mind from giving in. This is why I had a my coach, this is why I immersed myself into my goal and surrounded myself with people who wanted the same thing I did. You absolutely must surround yourself with people who want the same as you, find a mentor an accountability partner who will ask you hard questions and help keep you moving forward. It isn't easy to keep going, you will often want to quit, haven't you quit in the past?
4. Have an alliance with one or more persons who will encourage you to follow through with both the plan and purpose you listen above in number 1 and 2.
I'm on a mission to help you become the absolute best version of you, not someone else's idea of what you "should" be but the divine, purpose driven version of you.
Not ready to jump into becoming your absolute best in the 14Day Shred? Then check out the free 5 Day Challenge starting December 12. Come find out what it is like having so many people wanting you to succeed and lose the weight for good! Join our Facebook group here.
Let's do this together in 2017!! I'm ready and so excited to see what we can be, what about you? Will you join me in becoming the absolute best version of you?